Commercial floor coverings & power options for your business
What you walk on matters. The flooring in your workspace is prone to wear and will likely need to be updated. In the past, changing the flooring or installing power sources was a time-consuming, disruptive, and costly job. Not any more.
Using modular materials and state-of-the-art furniture lifts, you can have beautiful flooring to match any aesthetic and can easily be changed or replaced at any time.
In an open-layout setting, cushioned-back carpet is king. Not only does it look great, but also it has features that can help facilitate the way you work. Plus, its modular design means that sections can be replaced section by section or one at a time.
Especially in open-layout office designs, reducing noise is a major issue. The right cushioned-back carpet can help return your office to a place of quiet focus.
- Absorbs 50% more sound than hard-back carpet
- Absorbs 3x more sound than hard flooring
- Ideal for open-layout offices or higher education campuses
One of the most beneficial, ergonomic pieces of office furniture you can supply your employees with is the sit-stand workstation. Standing is all the rage, and for a good reason too—it’s exponentially better for your health than sitting.
- Complements your sit-stand furniture
- Eliminates the need for mats to stand on with sit-stand furniture
- Reduces standing fatigue by 25%
- Reduces heel impact by 30%
- Lasts 50% longer than conventional carpet tile
Luxury vinyl tile
Although it’s not as soundproof as carpet, luxury vinyl has benefits of its own in the workplace:
- A beautiful approach to modern flooring
- Can look like wood or tile, as you prefer
- Highly durable
- Different thicknesses determine the longevity of the product
- Modular and can be replaced section by section
- Cushioned-back styles can complement your sit-stand furniture
Note: Whether you choose carpet or vinyl, make sure that the manufacturer you choose can guarantee that the pattern or color you select will be available if you need to add on to your space or replace sections of flooring.
A unique approach: Flooring with no interruptions
If you need to change the flooring in your office, but your employees are hard at work, we can do it with no interruption to your day. By using a patented, state-of-the-art furniture lift system, we can economically and efficiently replace floor covering. No dismantling or moving required. Your wiring system stays perfectly intact as well. By allowing your employees to quickly continue with their day, this method can save you 40% of the cost compared to traditional replacement techniques.
Want power throughout your office without unsightly wires?
More than ever, people are using technology. Teams step away from their desks to collaborate on tablets. Students study for exams in remote corners of the campus libraries. The technology they work on requires power sources. Having these outlets available throughout a space without invasive methods or exposed wires used to be a high-ticket expense. Not any more.
Introducing the Steelcase Thread Power Distribution System:
- Quick & easy to install with modularity
- Discrete & professional
- No raising the floor, no drilling, no expensive trenching
See how this discrete system powers your entire workplace: