Are you searching for a mid-market chair that’s versatile, customizable, and affordable? Whether you’re looking for an all-day task chair or a scaled-down executive chair, the AMQ Zilo chair is a great option.
As a modern seating solution, the Zilo offers a wide range of ergonomic features, as well as hundreds of aesthetic design choices, so you can design a custom chair without spending too much money.
Here at Egyptian Workspace Partners, we’ve been helping clients find the perfect office chair for more than 25 years.
In this review, we’ll discuss everything you need to know about the Zilo task chair. From third-party information to our in-depth product knowledge, you’ll have the information you need to decide if it’s the chair for you and your team.
Specs of the AMQ Zilo Task Chair
Before we begin, let’s take a look at the specifications of the Zilo and the optional drafting foot ring:
- Overall Depth: 20”
- Overall Width: 26.5”
- Overall Height: 39.5” – 43.5”
- Seat Height Range: 18.5” – 22.75”
- Seat Width: 19.25”
- Arms Span: 25.25” – 26.5”
- Drafting Ring (Lift Height): 8.25”
- Drafting Ring (Ring Diameter): 20”
- Product Weight: 38 lbs.
- Weight Capacity: 275 lbs.
Key Features of the AMQ ZILO TASK CHAIR
Whether you need an executive chair for a private office or chairs for your conference room, the Zilo can be whatever you need it to be.
The Zilo offers a wide spectrum of fabric, finish, and base options to cover any potential office seating need. It’s also available as a stool with a drafting foot ring.
Additionally, it’s approved for home office use and complies with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) standards.
Removable Seat Covers
The Zilo has removeable seat covers in the Radiance, Buzz, Era and Connect fabric collections, and vinyl and leather.
These seat covers have zippers and Velcro closures, so you can easily clean or replace the fabric seats.
Pros of the AMQ Zilo Task Chair
With its stylish and sophisticated look, the Zilo is designed for tailored support and customized comfort.
It’s available with either a high or mid-height back rest, and also has an expansive, thick seat cushion.
The adjustable armrests alleviate pressure on the shoulders and support the use of technology, while the lumbar support can be tailored to accommodate every user.
Built with the synchro-tilt mechanism, the Zilo offers a full range of ergonomic features to comfortably suit personal posture and movement profiles:
- Synchro-Tilt Mechanism – The synchro mechanism has a tension adjustment with an easy-to-access dial, a two-position back lock, a three-position tilt locking mechanism, and an upright stop. It reclines at a rate of 2:1 to that of the seat itself.
- Three-Way Adjustable Arms – As an optional feature, the adjustable arm rests move in three directions: forward and backwards, side-to-side, and up and down.
- Pneumatic Height Adjustment – The seat height adjustment is designed to fit users of varying heights. To raise the chair, lift your body weight and pull the lever up. To lower it, stay seated and pull the lever up.
- Adjustable Lumbar Support – The lumbar support is designed to provide additional lower back support. To adjust, place your hands on the left or right sides of the chair to glide up or down.
- Seat Slider – The adjustable sliding seat adapts perfectly to all frame sizes. It has a two-position lock to move the seat for maximum comfort.
- Tension Adjuster – The tension adjuster controls resistance to body weight. To adjust, turn the knob clockwise for more resistance or counterclockwise for less.
The Zilo weighs in at 38 pounds, which is heavy duty for any chair in its price range.
It’s also BIFMA 2017 certified. This certification means that if the seat pan is fully extended and 275 pounds of weight is on the edge of the seat, the chair will not tip over.
The Zilo starts in the upper $200s. Once you begin adding features – such as the drafting ring or three-way adjustable arms – the price of the chair will go up.
If you need a chair on short notice, you should consider the Zilo. It’ll ship to you in just five days, and shipping is completely free, even if you buy a fully assembled chair.
Con of the AMQ Zilo Task Chair
Lack of Some Ergonomic Features
The Zilo is not the most ergonomic chair on the market. Still, it’s a great option considering how affordable it is.
The Zilo has two assembly options: light assembly or fully assembled.
With the light assembly option, you’ll have to spend at least ten minutes putting it together, if not more than that.
For an additional fee, you can choose the fully assembled option. Then, the only thing you’ll have to worry about is taking the chair out of the box and moving it.
AMQ Zilo task Chair Customization Options
The Zilo is available as a task chair, a conference chair, an executive chair, or a stool with an optional drafting foot ring.
With several different finish and fabric options to choose from, the Zilo can be designed in hundreds of combinations:
- Frame Options – The Zilo has two frame color options: light grey and black.
- Fabric Options – The Zilo is available in 72 different fabrics in the Radiance, Buzz, Era, and Connect lines, as well as two vinyl colors and black leather.
- Base Options – The Zilo comes in three color base options: black, light grey, and polished aluminum.
- Back Options – The Zilo is available with either a high back or mid back.
- Mesh Options – The Zilo has two mesh color options: black and light grey.
- Arm Adjustment Options – The Zilo is available with either fixed loop arms or three-way adjustable arms.
- Armrest Color Options – The Zilo armrests have two color options: black and light grey.
- Castor Options – The Zilo has two castor options: black or two-tone grey.
AMQ Zilo Task Chair Warranty Information
AMQ has a 10-year warranty for all products, including the Siya chair.
The warranty is based on normal installation and standard eight-hour use. It covers all parts, as well as approved labor for seating.
However, it doesn’t apply to shipping damage, defects from improper installation and use, customer modification, and normal wear and tear.
Should You Choose the AMQ Zilo Task Chair?
When you buy a task chair, the final decision should depend on whether you’re buying it for yourself, or your employees.
AMQ chairs are a great option if you’re interested in a mid-market chair. They all have different adjustments, so the chair you choose will depend on the specific features you or your employees need.
While the Zilo has less features than the Siya and Jaku, it still has more than the Bodi. It’s a great choice if you’re interested in the synchro-tilt mechanism or two-position lock with a seat slider.
The Zilo has been a proven performer for many years. It’s the only mid-market chair approved for home office use, and it’s available in several different customization options, including a stool version.
Although you’ll give up the warranty and adjustments that A-grade chairs offer, you’ll still have a comfortable chair that’s reasonably priced and fits in a variety of spaces.
Are You Ready to Take the Next Steps?
Regardless of what you’re looking for, your partners at Egyptian can help you. Schedule a consultation with one of our dedicated account managers today!