Are you searching for a mid-market office chair that’s versatile, customizable and affordable? Whether you’re looking for an all-day task chair or a scaled-down executive chair, it's important to give your employees options.
As a modern seating solution, AMQ Zilo offers a wide range of ergonomic features, as well as hundreds of aesthetic design choices, so you can design a custom chair that's tailored to you without breaking the bank.
Here at Egyptian Workspace Partners, we have 140 years of industry experience in helping clients find everything they need for their office, including the perfect office task chair.
In this review, we'll discuss everything you need to know about the AMQ Zilo chair, including third-party information and in-depth product knowledge, so you can decide if it's the right option for you and your team.
Specs of AMQ Zilo
Before we begin, let’s take a look at the specifications of the AMQ Zilo chair and its optional drafting foot ring:
- Overall Depth - 20”
- Overall Width - 26.5”
- Overall Height - 39.5” – 43.5”
- Seat Height Range - 18.5” – 22.75”
- Seat Width - 19.25”
- Arms Span - 25.25” – 26.5”
- Drafting Ring (Lift Height) - 8.25”
- Drafting Ring (Ring Diameter) - 20”
Key Features of AMQ ZILO
Whether you need an executive chair for a private office or conference room chairs, AMQ Zilo can be whatever you want. It's available in a wide range of fabrics, finishes and bases, as well as a stool with an optional drafting ring.
Additionally, the Zilo task chair is approved for home office use and complies with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) standards.
Removable Seat Covers
The Zilo chair has removable seat covers in the Radiance, Buzz, Era and Connect fabric collections, and vinyl and leather. These covers have zippers and Velcro closures, so you can easily clean or replace the fabric seats without any hassle.
Pros of AMQ Zilo
With a stylish and sophisticated look, AMQ Zilo is designed for tailored support ergonomic support. It comes with either a high or mid-height backrest and an expansive, thick seat cushion for extra comfort.
The adjustable armrests alleviate pressure on the shoulders to support everyday use of technology, while the lumbar support can be customized to accommodate users of every size and shape.
Apart from the synchro-tilt mechanism, the Zilo task chair offers a full range of ergonomic features to comfortably suit personal posture preferences and movement profiles:
- Synchro-Tilt Mechanism – The synchro mechanism has a tension adjustment with an easy-to-access dial, a two-position back lock, a three-position tilt locking mechanism and an upright stop. It reclines at a rate of 2:1 to that of the seat itself.
- Three-Way Adjustable Arms – As an optional feature, the adjustable armrests move in three directions: forward and backward, side-to-side and up and down.
- Pneumatic Height Adjustment – The seat height adjustment is designed to fit users of varying heights. To raise the chair, lift your body weight and pull the lever up. To lower it, stay seated and pull the lever up.
- Adjustable Lumbar Support – The lumbar support is designed to provide additional lower back support. To adjust, place your hands on the left or right sides of the chair to glide up or down.
- Seat Slider – The adjustable sliding seat adapts perfectly to all frame sizes. It has a two-position lock to move the seat for maximum comfort.
- Tension Adjuster – The tension adjuster controls resistance to body weight. To adjust, turn the knob clockwise for more resistance or counterclockwise for less.
The Zilo chair weighs 38 pounds and is BIFMA 2017 certified. This certification denotes that if the seat pan is fully extended and 275 pounds of weight is on the edge of the seat, the chair won't tip over.
The AMQ Zilo chair starts in the upper $200s. Once you begin opting for additional features, such as the drafting ring or three-way adjustable arms, the price of the chair will go up.
If you need a chair on short notice, the Zilo is a great option. It'll ship to you in just five days, and shipping is absolutely free, even if you buy a fully assembled chair.
Con of AMQ Zilo
Lack of Some Ergonomic Features
The AMQ Zilo chair may not be the most ergonomic chair on the market, but it's still a great option considering how affordable it is.
The Zilo has two assembly options: light assembly or fully assembled. With the light assembly option, you’ll have to spend at least ten minutes putting it together, if not more than that.
For an additional fee, you can choose the fully assembled option. Then, the only thing you’ll have to worry about is taking the chair out of the box and moving it.
AMQ Zilo Customization Options
The Zilo is available as a task chair, a conference chair, an executive chair or a stool with an optional drafting foot ring. With several finish and fabrics to choose from, it offers hundreds of design combinations to choose from:
- Frame Options – The Zilo has two frame color options: light grey and black.
- Fabric Options – The Zilo is available in 72 different fabrics in the Radiance, Buzz, Era, and Connect lines, as well as two vinyl colors and black leather.
- Base Options – The Zilo comes in three color base options: black, light grey, and polished aluminum.
- Back Options – The Zilo is available with either a high back or mid-back.
- Mesh Options – The Zilo has two mesh color options: black and light grey.
- Arm Adjustment Options – The Zilo is available with either fixed loop arms or three-way adjustable arms.
- Armrest Color Options – The Zilo armrests have two color options: black and light grey.
- Castor Options – The Zilo has two castor options: black or two-tone grey.
AMQ Zilo Warranty Information
AMQ has a 10-year warranty for all products, including the Zilo task chair. The warranty is based on normal installation and standard eight-hour use. It covers all parts, as well as approved labor for seating.
However, the warranty doesn’t apply to shipping damage, defects from improper installation and use, normal wear and tear or customer modification.
is amq zilo right for you?
If you're interested in a mid-market chair, you should definitely consider AMQ. Their chairs have different adjustments, so the chair you will depend on the specific features you or your employees need.
While the Zilo has fewer features than Siya or Jaku, it has more than Bodi. It's a great option if you're interested in features like the synchro-tilt mechanism or two-position lock with a seat slider.
AMQ Zilo has been a proven performer for years. It's the only mid-market task chair approved for home office use, and it's available in several customization options, including a stool with an optional ring.
Although you'll give up the warranty and adjustments that A-grade chairs like Steelcase Gesture or Leap provide, you'll still have a comfortable task chair that's reasonably priced and works in any office setting.
Want to learn more about office seating? Download our comprehensive guide below for an in-depth look at some of the best office task chairs available!