Who says ergonomic features have to be expensive? If you're in the market for an affordable office chair with adjustability, the AMQ Siya task chair is an option to consider.
The Siya chair is a mid-market option that combines comfort with customizable style. With a wide selection of adjustments and finish options, you can design it to be whatever you want.
Here at Egyptian Workspace Partners, we have more than 25 years of experience in helping clients find the perfect office chair.
If you want to learn more about the Siya chair, you've come to the right place. In this article, we'll address everything you need to know about the Siya, so you can decide if it's worth the money.
Specs of the AMQ Siya Task Chair
Before we go any further, let's break down the specifications of the Siya task chair:
- Overall Depth: 17.75"
- Overall Width: 27"
- Overall Height: 41.25" - 45.25"
- Seat Height: 19.5"
- Back Height: 41.25" - 45.25"
- Base Width: 27"
- Product Weight: 39 lbs.
- Weight Capacity: 275 lbs.
Key Features of the AMQ Siya TASK Chair
Removable Seat Covers
The Siya has seat covers with zippers and Velcro closures, so you can remove, clean, and replace the fabric seats with ease.
If you're in need of a chair with a tall or slim back, the Siya is a great choice. It has a high backrest for an executive feel at an everyday price point.
Pros of the AMQ Siya Task Chair
Designed for all-day comfort, the Siya has a breathable mesh back with an adjustable lumbar support, and an integrated seat glider so you can easily move the seat forward and backward.
With features such as an adjustable lumbar support and four-way adjustable arms, the Siya provides users with the ergonomic support they need:
- Synchronized Mechanism - The synchronized mechanism has a back-tension adjustment to control resistance to body weight. The tension dial is easy to access and adjusts in smooth segments.
- Four-Way Width Adjustable Arms - The adjustable arms expand to add 1" of arm width in four directions. To adjust, push the lever down and move the arms in or out, and pull the lever up to lock.
- Adjustable Lumbar Support - The lumbar support provides users with additional lower back support. To adjust, place your hands on the left or right sides of the chair to glide up or down.
- Seat Depth Adjustment - The seat depth adjusts to ensure comfort. To move it, lift the lever and hold, slide the seat forward or back, and release the lever to lock.
- Seat Height Adjustment - The seat height adjustment is designed to accommodate users of different heights. To raise the chair, lift your body weight and pull the lever up. To lower it, stay seated and pull the lever up.
- Multi-Position Back Lock - The back lock will secure your recline position in place. To lock or unlock it, rotate the knob.
Weighing in at 39 pounds, the Siya has a weight capacity of 275 pounds to support a wide range of users.
Additionally, it's BIFMA 2017 certified. This certification means that if the seat pan is fully extended and 275 pounds of weight is on the edge of the seat, the chair will not tip over.
As a mid-market task chair, the Siya ranges from $300 to $350 in price. Once you begin adding features, the price of the chair will go up.
If you need a chair right away, you're in luck. The Siya ships in just five days, and shipping is completely free.
Cons of the AMQ Siya Task Chair
Lack of Some Ergonomic Features
Despite its adjustability, the Siya is not the most comfortable chair on the market.
It lacks some of the ergonomic features that the Jaku has, as well as a weight-activated tension tilt.
However, it's still a great chair, especially when you consider how affordable it is.
The Siya has two assembly options: light assembly or fully assembled.
With the light assembly option, you'll have to spend at least ten minutes putting it together, if not longer than that.
For an additional fee, you can opt for the fully assembled option. Then, you'll only have to worry about taking the chair out of the box and moving it.
Not Designed for Everyone
Most customers are in between the Jaku and Siya when it comes to AMQ seating.
If you're interested in either of these chairs, you should sit in both before you make a final decision.
AMQ Siya Task Chair Customization Options
The Siya has several customization options, including conference and executive seating. There's also a variety of finishes and fabrics to choose from:
- Frame Options - The Siya has two frame color options: black and white.
- Fabric Options - The Siya is available in 68 different Steelcase fabrics in the Radiance, Buzz, Era, and Connect collections.
- Base Options - The Siya comes in three base options: white, black, and polished aluminum.
- Mesh Options - The Siya is available in two mesh color options: black and light grey.
- Armrest Color Options - The Siya armrests have two color options: black and light grey.
- Castor Options - The Siya has two castor options: black or two-tone white/grey.
AMQ Siya Task Chair Warranty Information
The Siya is covered by the AMQ 10-year warranty, which covers all the parts and approved labor for seating.
The warranty is based on normal installation and standard eight-hour use.
It doesn't apply to defects from improper installation and use, customer modification, or normal wear and tear.
Should You Choose the AMQ Siya Task Chair?
When it's time to buy a new office chair, you should always consider who you're buying it for - whether you're buying for yourself or your employees.
If you're set on buying a mid-market chair, any of the AMQ chairs would be a good fit. Every chair has different adjustments, so you'll have to consider what features you or your employees are looking for.
The Siya may have less features than the Jaku, but it still has more than the Zilo and Bodi. It's a great option if you're interested in the integrated seat glider, four-way adjustable arms, or back tension control.
While you'll give up the warranty and adjustments that A-grade chairs have, you'll still have a comfortable chair to sit in.
Are You Ready to Take the Next Steps?
Still not sure if the Siya chair is right for you? Regardless of what you're looking for, your partners at Egyptian would be happy to answer your questions about office seating.
To learn more about our selection, schedule a consultation with one of our dedicated account managers today!