Who says ergonomic features have to be expensive? If you're in the market for an affordable office chair, there's no need to sacrifice adjustability or aesthetic appeal.
AMQ Siya is a mid-market office task chair that combines comfort with customizable style. With a wide selection of adjustments and finishes, you can design it to be whatever you want.
Here at Egyptian Workspace Partners, we have 140 years of industry experience in helping clients find everything they need for their office, including the perfect office chair.
If you want to learn more about AMQ Siya, you've come to the right place. In this review, we'll break down everything you need to know, from its specifications to its customization options.
Specs of AMQ Siya
Before we go any further, let's break down the specifications of the Siya task chair:
- Overall Depth - 17.75"
- Overall Width -27"
- Overall Height - 41.25" - 45.25"
- Seat Height - 19.5"
- Base Width - 27"
Key Features of AMQ Siya
Removable Seat Covers
The Siya has removable seat covers in the Radiance, Buzz, Era and Connect fabric collections. The covers have zippers and Velcro closures, so you can remove, clean and replace the fabric seats with ease.
If you're looking for an office task chair with a tall or slim back, the Siya is a great option. It even comes with a high backrest for an executive feel at an everyday price point.
Pros of AMQ Siya
Designed for all-day comfort, AMQ Siya has a breathable mesh back with an adjustable lumbar support and an integrated seat glider so you can easily move the seat forward or backward.
With features such as a synchronized mechanism and seat depth adjustment, Siya provides a wide range of users with the ergonomic support they need every day:
- Synchronized Mechanism - The synchronized mechanism has a back-tension adjustment to control resistance to body weight. The tension dial is easy to access and adjusts in smooth segments.
- Four-Way Width Adjustable Arms - The adjustable arms expand to add 1" of arm width in four directions. To adjust, push the lever down and move the arms in or out, and pull the lever up to lock.
- Adjustable Lumbar Support - The lumbar support provides users with additional lower back support. To adjust, place your hands on the left or right sides of the chair to glide up or down.
- Seat Depth Adjustment - The seat depth adjusts to ensure comfort. To move it, lift the lever and hold, slide the seat forward or back, and release the lever to lock.
- Seat Height Adjustment - The seat height adjustment is designed to accommodate users of different heights. To raise the chair, lift your body weight and pull the lever up. To lower it, stay seated and pull the lever up.
- Multi-Position Back Lock - The back lock will secure your recline position in place. To lock or unlock it, rotate the knob.
Weighing in at 39 pounds, the Siya task chair has a maximum weight capacity of 275 pounds to support a wide range of users. It's also BIFMA 2017 certified.
The BIFMA certification denotes that if the seat pan is fully extended and 275 pounds of weight is on the edge of the seat, the chair won't tip over.
As a mid-market option, the Siya chair ranges anywhere from $300 to $350 in price. Once you begin adding adjustments and customization options, the price of the chair will go up.
If you're in need of a chair right away, there's no need to worry. AMQ will ship the Siya to you in just five days, and shipping is completely free.
Cons of AMQ Siya
Lack of Some Ergonomic Features
Despite how adjustable it is, the AMQ Siya chair lacks some of the ergonomic features that the Jaku has, such as a weight-activated tension tilt.
The Siya has two assembly options: light assembly or fully assembled. With the light assembly option, you'll have to spend at least ten minutes putting it together, if not longer than that.
For an additional fee, you can opt for the fully assembled option. Then, the only thing you'll have to worry about taking the chair out of the box and moving it.
Not Designed for Everyone
Most customers are in between the Jaku and Siya when it comes to AMQ seating. If you're interested in either of these chairs, you should sit in both before you make a final decision.
AMQ Siya Warranty Information
The Siya is covered by the AMQ 10-year warranty, which covers all the parts and approved labor for seating. The warranty is based on normal installation and standard eight-hour use.
However, the warranty doesn't apply to shipping damage, defects from improper installation and use, customer modification or normal wear and tear.
AMQ Siya Customization Options
The Siya has several customization options, including conference and executive seating. There's also a variety of materials and finishes to choose from:
- Frame Options - The Siya has two frame color options: black and white.
- Fabric Options - The Siya is available in 68 different Steelcase fabrics in the Radiance, Buzz, Era, and Connect collections.
- Base Options - The Siya comes in three base options: white, black and polished aluminum.
- Mesh Options - The Siya is available in two mesh color options: black and light grey.
- Armrest Color Options - The Siya armrests have two color options: black and light grey.
- Castor Options - The Siya has two castor options: black or two-tone white/grey.
is amq siya right for you?
When it's time to buy a new office chair, it's important to consider who you're buying it for, whether it's yourself or an entire department of employees.
If you're set on buying a mid-market chair, any of the AMQ options would be a good fit. Every chair has different adjustments, so you'll have to consider the features you or your employees need.
Siya may have fewer features than Jaku, but it has more than Zilo and Bodi. It's a great option if you're interested in the integrated seat glider, four-way adjustable arms, back tension control or high backrest.
Although you'll give up the warranty and ergonomic adjustments that A-grade chairs have, you'll still have a comfortable to sit in, and a warranty you can rely on for years to come.
Want to learn more about office seating? Download our comprehensive guide below for an in-depth look at some of the best office task chairs available!