Do you need a competitively priced task chair that doesn’t compromise style or comfort? If so, the AMQ Bodi task chair may be exactly what you’re looking for.
As the most affordable chair in AMQ's seating portfolio, the Bodi chair has adjustments like a mesh back with lumbar support and a sliding seat, so you can get the features you need without breaking the bank.
At Egyptian Workspace Partners, we have 140 years of industry experience in helping clients find their everyday workplace essentials, including the perfect office task chair.
To help you in your search for the perfect chair, we've compiled third-party information and our own product knowledge in one place, so you can decide if the AMQ Bodi chair is the best choice for your organization.
Specs of AMQ BODI
First, let’s take a look at the specifications of the AMQ Bodi chair:
- Overall Depth - 20”
- Overall Width - 27”
- Overall Height - 37.25” – 42.75”
- Seat Height - 17.5” – 23”
- Seat Width - 19”
- Arms Span - 24.25”
Key Features of AMQ BODI
AMQ Bodi has a synchro-tilt mechanism, including a tension adjuster, a three-position locking mechanism, a seat depth adjustment, an upright stop and a tension dial, although the last feature can be difficult to access.
Removable Seat Covers
The AMQ Bodi chair has seat covers with zippers and Velcro closures, so you can easily remove, clean and replace the fabric seats without any issues.
Pros of AMQ BODI
The Bodi task chair has a mesh back for breathability, as well as a height adjustment, adjustable lumbar support and a sliding seat to provide users with all-day comfort.
Although Bodi has fewer adjustments than other AMQ task chairs, it still provides functional features and ergonomic adjustments that every user can benefit from:
- Synchro-Tilt Mechanism – The synchro-tilt mechanism reclines at a rate of 2:1 to that of the seat itself.
- Tension Adjuster – The tension adjuster controls resistance to body weight. To adjust, turn the knob clockwise for more resistance or counterclockwise for less.
- Three-Position Locking Mechanism – This mechanism locks in three different positions to control the back-rest tilt.
- Four-Way Width Adjustable Arms - The adjustable arms expand to add 1” of arm width in four directions. To adjust, push the lever down and move the arms in or out, and pull the lever back up to lock.
- Integrated Seat Depth Adjustment – The seat depth adjusts to ensure all-day comfort. All you have to do is lift the lever and hold, slide the seat forward or backward and release the lever to lock.
- Height Adjustment – The seat height adjusts to fit users of varying heights. To raise the chair, lift your body weight and pull the lever up. To lower it, stay seated and pull the lever up.
- Adjustable Lumbar Support – The lumbar support is designed to provide additional lower back support. To adjust, place your hands on the left or right sides of the chair to glide up or down.
- Seat Slider – The adjustable sliding seat adapts perfectly to all frame sizes. It has a two-position lock to move the seat for maximum comfort.
Weighing 33 pounds, the AMQ Bodi chair is BIFMA 2017 certified. This certification means that if the seat pan is fully extended and 275 pounds is on the edge of the seat, the chair won't tip over.
Bodi is priced in the mid to upper $200s. Depending on the frame finish or fabric you choose, the price of the chair will go up.
If you need a chair on short notice, you’re in luck. AMQ will ship Bodi to you in just five days, and shipping is completely free, even if you buy it fully assembled.
Cons of AMQ Bodi
AMQ Bodi lacks some of the ergonomic features that other AMQ chairs have. Still, it's a good option for a task chair at an entry-level price point.
Lack of Customization Options
The Bodi chair isn’t as stylish as other mid-market chairs, and it lacks the customization options that other AMQ task chairs offer.
The AMQ Bodi chair has two assembly options: light assembly or fully assembled. With the light assembly option, you’ll have to spend at least ten minutes putting it together, if not longer than that.
For an additional fee, you can opt for the fully assembled option. Then, you’ll only have to worry about taking the chair out of the box and moving it.
AMQ Bodi Warranty Information
The Bodi task chair is covered by the AMQ 10-year warranty, which includes all the parts and approved labor for seating. It's based on normal installation and standard eight-hour use.
However, the warranty doesn’t apply to shipping damage, defects from improper installation and use, customer modification or normal wear and tear.
AMQ Bodi Task Chair Customization Options
The Bodi has less customization options than other AMQ chairs. For example, you won’t be able to choose the color of the base, or the style of the armrests.
That being said, you can still choose from two frame colors and multiple material options to create a chair that’s custom to you:
- Frame Options – The Bodi has two frame color options: black or light grey.
- Fabric Options – The Bodi is available in 72 different fabrics in the Steelcase Buzz, Era, Radiance, and Connect lines.
Is AMQ Bodi Right for You?
If you're interested in a mid-market task chair, AMQ seating is a great option. Every chair in the portfolio has different adjustments, so the chair you choose will depend on the specific features you or your employees need.
While you'll give up some adjustments, you'll save money without compromising the warranty. If you want a comfortable sitting experience without buying an A-grade chair, AMQ Bodi is the perfect chair for you.
Want to learn more about office seating? Download our comprehensive guide below for an in-depth look at some of the best office task chairs available!