Do you need a competitively priced task chair that doesn’t compromise style or comfort? If so, the AMQ Bodi task chair may be exactly what you’re looking for.
The Bodi is AMQ’S most affordable task chair. It has adjustments such as a mesh back with lumbar support and a sliding seat, so you can get the features you need without breaking the bank.
In this article, we’ve compiled third-party information and our own knowledge to help you make a decision about the Bodi and whether it’s right for you.
Specs of the AMQ BODI Task Chair
First, let’s take a look at the specifications of the Bodi chair:
- Overall Depth: 20”
- Overall Width: 27”
- Overall Height: 37.25” – 42.75”
- Seat Height: 17.5” – 23”
- Seat Width: 19”
- Arms Span: 24.25”
- Product Weight: 33 lbs.
- Weight Capacity: 275 lbs.
Key Features of the AMQ BODI Task Chair
The Bodi has a synchro-tilt mechanism, which includes a tension adjuster, a three-position locking mechanism, a seat depth adjustment, an upright stop, and a tension dial that’s difficult to access.
Removable Seat Covers
The Bodi has seat covers with zippers and Velcro closures, so you can easily remove, clean, or replace the fabric seats.
Pros of the AMQ BODI Task Chair
The Bodi has a mesh back for breathability, as well as an adjustable lumbar support, a height adjustment, and a sliding seat to provide users with all-day comfort.
Although the Bodi has less adjustments than other AMQ task chairs, it still has functional features that every user can benefit from:
- Synchro-Tilt Mechanism – The synchro-tilt mechanism reclines at a rate of 2:1 to that of the seat itself.
- Tension Adjuster – The tension adjuster controls resistance to body weight. To adjust, turn the knob clockwise for more resistance or counterclockwise for less.
- Three-Position Locking Mechanism – This mechanism locks in three different positions to control the back-rest tilt.
- Four-Way Width Adjustable Arms - The adjustable arms expand to add 1” of arm width in four directions. To adjust, push the lever down and move the arms in or out, and pull the lever back up to lock.
- Integrated Seat Depth Adjustment – The seat depth adjusts to ensure all-day comfort. All you have to do is lift the lever and hold, slide the seat forward or backward, and release the lever to lock.
- Height Adjustment – The seat height adjusts to fit users of varying heights. To raise the chair, lift your body weight and pull the lever up. To lower it, stay seated and pull the lever up.
- Adjustable Lumbar Support – The lumbar support is designed to provide additional lower back support. To adjust, place your hands on the left or right sides of the chair to glide up or down.
- Seat Slider – The adjustable sliding seat adapts perfectly to all frame sizes. It has a two-position lock to move the seat for maximum comfort.
The Bodi weighs in a 33 pounds, which is on the lighter end for a high-performance task chair.
Additionally, it’s BIFMA 2017 certified. This certification means that if the seat pan is fully extended and 275 pounds of weight is on the edge of the seat, the chair will not tip over.
The Bodi is priced in the mid to upper $200s. Depending on the frame finish or fabric you choose, the price of the chair will go up.
If you need a chair on short notice, you’re in luck. The Bodi will ship to you in just five days, and shipping is completely free, even if you buy it fully assembled.
Cons of the AMQ Bodi Task Chair
Lack of Some Ergonomic Features
The Bodi lacks some of the ergonomic features that other AMQ chairs have. Still, it’s a good option for an entry-level price point.
Lack of Customization Options
The Bodi isn’t as stylish as other mid-market chairs, and it lacks the customization options that other AMQ task chairs offer.
The Bodi has two assembly options: light assembly or fully assembled.
With the light assembly option, you’ll have to spend at least ten minutes putting it together, if not longer than that.
For an additional fee, you can opt for the fully assembled option. Then, you’ll only have to worry about taking the chair out the box and moving it.
AMQ Bodi Task Chair Warranty Information
The Bodi is covered by the AMQ 10-year warranty, which includes all the parts and approved labor for seating.
The warranty is based on normal installation and standard eight-hour use.
It doesn’t apply to shipping damage, defects from improper installation and use, customer modification, or normal wear and tear.
AMQ Bodi Task Chair Customization Options
The Bodi has less customization options than other AMQ chairs. For example, you won’t be able to choose the color of the base, or the style of the armrests.
However, you can still choose from two frame colors and multiple seat cover fabrics to create a chair that’s custom to you:
- Frame Options – The Bodi has two frame color options: black or light grey.
- Fabric Options – The Bodi is available in 72 different fabrics in the Steelcase Buzz, Era, Radiance, and Connect lines.
Is the AMQ Bodi Task Chair Right for You?
When you’re ready to buy a new office chair, it’s important to consider who you’re buying it for.
If you’re interested in a mid-market chair, AMQ chairs are a great option. Every chair has different adjustments, so the chair you choose will depend on the specific features you or your employees need.
While you’ll give up some adjustments, the Bodi is an amazing chair for the price and warranty. If you want a comfortable seating experience without buying an A-grade chair, the Bodi may be right for you.
Are You Ready to Take the Next Steps?
Not sure if the Bodi chair is right for you? Whether you’re in need of chairs for your private office or a conference room, your partners at Egyptian can answer all your questions about office seating.
To learn more about our selection, schedule a consultation with one of our dedicated account managers today!